MAG – MISSION PARTNERS PRAYER REQUESTS – JUNE 2013
HUGO DALE (YMCA, LURGAN)
- Successful outcome for funding to fit out the retails units so we can rent them out and this will make us sustainable, it is critical we get this funding. Decision will be made in July.
- We will need tenants so getting a match to suit our work is also critical.
- Summer programme – numbers of young people who will attend, safety and weather for out outdoor pursuits.
- Increase in general public use of room hire.
- Public and group interest in using the climbing wall.
- We are considering a youth Alfa in the autumn, prayer that a group of youth would show interest in this.
- Increase in volunteers to service the reception desk, mentor young people, run projects like cookery, crafts, do face to face youth work etc.
- We will have 3 new part time post coming up; 2 pt youth worker and a caretaker. We need the right people to fit these roles and our ethos.
- Reduction in sectarian activity in Lurgan over the school holidays.
JOHN DUNCAN (YFC EMENA)
1. Pray for the triennial Area Council taking place at YFC Camp Immanuel in Czech Republic, 10-14 June. This is when all the top leaders of the 30 nations that make up the EMENA Area (Europe, Middle East & North Africa) come together for four days of fellowship, teaching, training, inspiration, sharing and worship. Pray for John D as he leads, and for Malcolm Johnston, Paul Gilmore, Alison Moorhead, John Donaldson and Simon & Hannah Marriott from BBC as they participate.
2. Pray for the identification and recruitment of a suitable new Regional Director for Eastern Europe to replace Malcolm Johnston, who is stepping down in June 2014.
3. Pray for the identification and recruitment of a suitable new Area Director for the whole EMENA Area to replace John Duncan, who is stepping down from the role, although not necessarily from YFC, at the end of this year.
ANDY HEWITT (YOUTH INITIATIVES)
1. We officially open our new YI Youthwork Centre and Regional HQ on Tues 11th June. Please pray that this will be a place where young people belong, a positive relational environment where they encounter God.
2. For our summer programmes, summer schemes in 6 locations in July and our summer camp in August.
3.For us as we launch our 5 year strategic plan with its key themes: Young People and Transformation, youth work processes, staff development, expansion and sustainability, governance, communications and marketing.
CLAIRE PORTER & STAN KELLY (THE EDGE)
- Pray for the funding for the Summer Programmes to come in
- Pray for God to move in the lives of the 14 young people who are going to Poland on 4th to 14th July 2013.
- Pray for wisdom & revelation on the best way to disciple the young people who are giving their lives to Jesus.
PAUL & JOY LAVERTY (SEED MISSION, PALAWAN, PHILIPPINES)
BIBLE COURSE IN TAGALOG- Pray for the 17 inmates who are currently studying a 5 weeks designed Tagalog Bible Course using the Navigators while Joy and Paul are on furlough. Pray for the four inmate facilitators as they lead and for the rest t deepen their relationship with God during this time.
CARE GROUP – Recently the Lord has open a new door at the Prison for the Senior Citizens, 24 elderly between the ages of 60-78 are in the quarterly evangelistic program. Pray that God will soften their hearts and experience Jesus’ salvation in their lives.
PAUL and JOY’s PRODUCTIVE FURLOUGH – Pray as PJ’s time to be fruitful while on furlough, June 9-Oct
GARY & CLAUDIA THOMPSON (FORMERLY VALLEY OF BLESSING, BRAZIL)
- Give thanks for prayerful & and financial support for nearly 10 years in the Valley
- Pray for God’s guidance for our future service
- Pray for the family as we settle into N.I. – work, accommodation, transport & school
- Pray for sale of our house in Brazil and for success in obtaining Claudia’ residency visa.
- Pray for Nicholas as he adapts to life in N.I. and starts school
DAVID & CHERYL BAILIE (OPERATION MOBILISATION IRELAND)
Thanks for the great response at the OM day in BBC – They felt very blessed to have such a supportive home church and thankful that David and Elijah can now go to “Teenstreet”.
Pray for Cheryl as she takes the young people to Teenstreet at the end of July – that they will be impacted in their spiritual lives and Christian walk.
For the on-going work within schools next year as Cheryl and her team lead classes on topics such as identity, bullying and sex education with a Christian perspective. Thank God for this opportunity to work in the secular school setting.
Pray for volunteers to help put in drainage in the carpark in Lacken House.
WENDY CAMPBELL (GIRL`S BRIGADE NORTHERN IRELAND)
1. Give thanks for a new GB company due to open in September in the Ballymena area. Praise God for the opportunity to partner with another Church to reach girls and young women for Jesus.
2. Please pray for a GB Europe conference that we are hosting on 7-9 June 2013. The conference theme is ‘Made to Make a Difference’ and will be attended by GB leaders from England, Wales, Scotland, RofI and Northern Ireland. Pray that leaders will be encouraged, challenged and inspired to do great things with God’s help.
MERVYN BOTHWELL AND TEAM (PROPECTS)
Please give thanks that Prospects has been able to support new people in Lisburn, North Down and Newry; please pray for these individuals, their families and for Prospects staff as they seek to provide support.
Please pray for opportunities to support more new people.
Please pray that Prospects’ two vacant properties in Longstone Street Lisburn would sell soon and for a good price!
Please give thanks for the Eden Ballynahinch Prospects Group-for the year that has just passed-for a lovely group of people who attend and for willing and helpful volunteers.
Please pray for Prospects’ activities at New Horizon in July (Celebration and joint seminar with Belfast Bible College) and at Bangor Worldwide Missionary Convention in August (Exhibition Stand and Celebration)
PAUL GILMORE AND MALCOLM JOHNSTON (YFC EASTERN EUROPE)
Pray for the re-launched search for a new Regional Director
Paul will be in Moldova 15-18 June. Please pray for strengthening of the YFC Moldova board & for their meeting on 17th June,
Pray for wisdom for future of the Oak House project.
Praise for the good reports coming back from our evaluation of projects in 6 places around East Europe
SIMON & HANNAH MARRIOTT (YFC CZECH REPUBLIC)
Could you pray for -
1. The summer ministries that are happening here – we are 4 camps with teams from Northern Ireland. One is in July and 3 in August. Pray that these kids who come will feel God’s love through the love of the team and will be open to Him. Also pray for kids returning to camp who became Christians at previous camps – for opportunities to encourage and disciple them.
2. For Vasek – one of the boys from the home who is working at the centre for the summer. He also worked here last year and we were able to build a good relationship with him. Pray that he becomes a Christian.
3. For the interns who are coming to work with us over the summer months – 2 girls from Northern Ireland called Olivia and Lisa and 1 girl called Anna from America. Anna came for 2 months last summer and this year she is returning to do 1 to 1 tutoring with students in the town. Some of our friends who we have been praying for since we came, want to have tuition with her so we’re excited about the opportunities that hopefully will arise.
CARSON & AUDREY HARTE (THE CAMBODIA TRUST)
1. We are undergoing some major changes with the addition of one more country (Burma/Myanmar) so we would appreciate prayer for the development of the school in this new country for us and help to navigate the many practical issues we face working with the Government there.
2. We are also working on a new initiative that is unlike anything we have done before and very different to the norm for our kind of work! It has the potential to ensure the longer term sustainability of our services as well as provide young graduates of our programme with the opportunity to develop as professionals. We are in no doubt that the Lord is right in the heart of it all but we do ask for energy and wisdom as we develop our plans.
3. We hope to establish an office here in Northern Ireland as most of the UK Support Team is now based here. There are many practical issues related to the closure of the current small office in England – we would ask for wisdom and clear guidance as we work through this difficult process.
RACHEL HEWITT (YWAM BRAZIL)
1. Praise that the leaders and I are making gradual progress in our relationship… baby steps!
2. Strength to keep going despite the spiritual battle, despite not seeing regular fruits, despite the physical difficulties with the work etc
3. More time with God… for me and for each of the team individually. For us to remember our focus should be always to seek him and his kingdom first (if we are not strong in Him we are weak in everything)
4. For kids/teens/adults to really have encounters with God – only God can full change their lives. For them to make the choice to follow & to seek to live with God.
MAG MISSION PROJECTS PRAYER REQUESTS – JUNE 2013
PERSIAN CHURCH PROJECT (FIROUZ & CARINE)
1. For healing for Carine who is living with continual pain since the accident.
2. For strength and wisdom for Firouz who is pastoring a growing congregation and at the same time supporting his wife and family..
3. For the new opportunities for television ministry. Pray that Firouz will be able to find the time and strength to be able to maximise this opportunity. Pray for a restoration of health for Firouz too.
Pray for summer teams in Vitivsy and Pid-volochisk. That the children will be keen to come along and that they will enjoy the programme and come to know Jesus as their saviour. Pray especially for the camp in Pid-volochisk where there is much opposition from the Orthodox Church and general suspicion about evangelical Christians
Pray for Ivan’s soya bean project. His church have invested £2,000 into Soya beans which they have sown and hope to get a fourfold return when it is harvested. This money will be invested in their church building project. (approx £30,000 required to build the church)
For the adoption of Alina. That she settles well into her new family and that Volodia and Olenka’s children accept her without feelings of jealousy.
Please pray for Mohammed Hassen, one of the leading believers in Degan. He has recently become very ill and it is difficult to get accurate information from others with whom we can only speak Amharic (rather than some English) over a crackly phone line. Please pray for a complete recovery for him.
Praise the Lord that the DESTA Project ambulance continues to function well taking about 40 complicated maternity cases a month to the hospital 50 miles away and so saving many lives.
1. Give thanks for Gideons working in nearly 200 countries and presenting approximately 85 million Bibles annually. Pray that many lives are transformed.
2. Gideons presented 1200 Bibles at Balmoral show last month. It was a great blessing to those involved and many good conversations took place. Pray that God’s Word would bring peace, comfort and salvation to those in our rural community who are going through difficult times.
3. 400 Bibles were presented to local police personnel. Pray that these men and women will turn to God’s Word for help in these testing times.